Project Assistant (Prae-Doc) - PhD Position
(30-40 hours/week, for 3 years)
TU Wien is Austria's largest research and educational institution in the fields of technology and natural sciences. More than 4,000 scientists in eight faculties conduct research on "Technology for People" in five main research areas. The content of the offered studies is based on this excellent research. The more than 27,000 students in the 55 studies offered benefit from this. As a driver of innovation, TU Wien strengthens the business location, enables cooperation and contributes to the prosperity of society.
The Institute of Computer Engineering, Research Unit “Automation Systems”, at TU Wien is offering a position as Project Assistant (Prae-Doc) for 3 years for 30-40 hours/week. Expected start: 01.04.2023.
- Research and project activity in the field of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Collaboration on research tasks focusing on the digitalization of Industry 4.0 and Digital Twins
- Writing publications
- Participation in scientific events
- Master degree in computer science/informatics (or similar programs)
- Interest in research in information technology with a focus on industrial control systems and information modeling (IT/OT convergence)
- Excellent knowledge of English and good German language skills
- Ability to work in a team, collaborate effectively with other PhDs, interest in interdisciplinary work
- Supervision of the PhD thesis related to the project
- Continuing personal and professional education and flexible working hours
- Exchange with other Ph.D. students
- Support from experienced researchers in our team
- Central location with very good accessibility (U1/U2/U4 Karlsplatz)
- A creative environment in one of the most liveable cities in the world
The employment contract will run for 3 years (up to 40 hours a week) with option for extension and a gross salary of € 45.882,20 p.a (40h).
TU Wien is committed to increase female employment in leading scientific positions. Female candidates are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given when equally qualified. Candidates are not eligible for a refund of expenses for travelling and lodging related to the application process.
We are looking forward to receiving your application until 13.04.2023.